Tuesday 21 January 2014

Blue Bloods



Every season I have a colour that stands out in my mind as my "go-to" shade for the coming months. Recently I have been talking about white a lot, but I also think I need a block contrasting tone to add some umph to SS14. Welcome cobalt blue. Blue is a shade that I do not normally go for in my everyday choices, mainly because when it comes to shopping, any item that I pick up always has a black/white/maroon option and these are shades I wear more. So it is time to break the mold and venture with this luxury shade. 



This look particularly suits a tailored style, over-sized coats, silk loose fitted shirts teamed with smart skinny trousers are a great way to embrace the brighter season. As I have recently spoke about in many of my recent posts, basic block colours (white, black, beige and grey) are my essentials right now and the great aspect about this move is cobalt blue compliments all of the above.... It's a win-win.

The one retail brand that I think offers the best high street alternative to high-end designer tailoring is Zara. I have been keeping an eye on the latest season stock arrive slowly into the shops and so far it can be described effortless tailored chic. I may put together a post on my favorite bits from the new Zara collection in the next few weeks so make sure to keep an eye out. If you plan on experimenting on the this deeper shade Zara are offering some amazing options in the form of shirts, cotton tees and smart A-line dresses. If any of you are bold enough to try the bold blue lip tweet me the results (you can do so by the side tab).





Love C X 

No comments:

Post a Comment